Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with restoring my iphone 4 :/

Hello guys.

So i have had this problem for the past 6 months , my iphone got dropped in the pool.

Ive dried it all out and now its stuck in restore mode. It doesn't turn on when its not plugged into the wall or my laptop.

When i plug it in and try to restore it it comes up with error 21 , i tried changing all the hosts and desabling the firewall and antivirus , got the same result.

Tried restoring in pwned dfu mode with custom ipsw and i get error 3194.

Changed my battery twice and still the same result. Ive tried restoring with tiny umbrella , red snow , still same.

Tried exiting recovery mode and i cant accomplish that either.

I have litteraly tried everything and I'm still stuck!!

Any help please anyone? Im desperate!

Thanx in advance!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 6:45 PM

The error 21 is generally a security software thing, but you have opened the device and also used jailbreaking software on it. The 3194 error is for you trying to use custom firmware that does not belong on the device, like downgrading. You have forfeited any support by Apple or here on the forum.

10 replies

Dec 18, 2013 7:46 PM in response to LazAVFC

Besides the drop in the pool, your bigger problems started when you tried the jailbreak, then opening it and replacing the battery and all of that. If you had come here when you first dropped it in the water, or when the first restore wouldn't work, then we could have told you to get an out of warranty replacement. Since you opened it, Apple won't offer that to you any longer either. You have unfortunately put yourself in a position that you will have to either purchase a new phone at full price, or see if you can get a subsidy from your carrier or take the device to a 3rd party repair. You are out of luck here. I'd watch who's suggestions you follow next time.

Dec 18, 2013 8:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I didnt try to jailbreak tho? i tried restoring my phone with different programmes , i swear jailbreaking is something different? its ok dont matter anyway , ill try and sort something out i just needed some advice on what cold the problem be , plus here in cyprus where i live there is no apple store so i wouldnt really bother sending it to other countries and i dont really understand why it is a massive problem that i changed the battery myself. never mind , thank you for the help sir , much appreciated 🙂

Dec 18, 2013 8:07 PM in response to LazAVFC

The iPhone does not have user servicable parts. If you purchased the device there from a supported reseller, they may have some way of repairing it, you would have to ask them. The software you used is jailbraking software and when you try and alter the iOS with it, it is the same thing. I'm sorry you had issues with your phone, but every time you tried something different, be it something you read on the Internet or heard on the street corner, you just made it worse, up to the point now that it is probably unrepairable. It is time to cut your loses and get another phone, even if it isn't an iPhone.

May 4, 2014 12:56 PM in response to LazAVFC

Well Apple doesn't replace devices for water damage, and after you get your Idevice wet you should turn it off and put it in rice immediatley. By turning it on AND jailbreaking it you probably have permanetly damaged it. I would take it in to Apple or any Apple store near you. They might replace it since you've really done a number on it. Hope this helps!

Problem with restoring my iphone 4 :/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.