Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable airplay mirroring on iPad with ios7

How to disable airplay mirroring on iPad with ios7?

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 6:36 PM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2013 8:38 PM in response to Diavonex

Thanks again. I don't have Apple TV. I was trying to connect iPad through a hdmi converter to TV. After using Amazon instant video for free movie as I am a prime member, the movie can only be played on iPad but not on TV. It flagged that I need to turn off airplay mirroring.

I guess if there is no airplay icon unless there is an Apple TV, I'll not be able to turn it off in order to display movie on TV (instead iPad). Not sure whether Amazon know how to solve this issue.

Feb 11, 2014 5:28 PM in response to Charlie5168

I've had this problem ever since I was at my friend's house- she has Apple TV- and my iPad connected automatically. So, I have no idea why any of the practical solutions that people think of are not options BUT, in terms of just getting it done, I did figure out a way. The key for me was getting near another Apple TV. I was out of town so I took my iPad to another friend's house who also has TV. Once I was logged onto their wireless network (the same network that their Apple TV is on-- that's how it connected in the first place), then the Airplay icon and options showed up from the bottom-draw menu and I was able to make sure that mirroring was turned off from the Apple TV section and to make sure the selection was on iPad instead. Problem solved. Now whether or not this will stay the same (rather than me having to make sure it stays at this setting everytime I link up to a network that has an Apple TV on it) I don't know. So my advice is find someone with Apple TV and connect to their network with your iPad and then change it.

Feb 11, 2014 5:28 PM in response to Charlie5168

I've had this problem ever since I was at my friend's house- she has Apple TV- and my iPad connected automatically. So, I have no idea why any of the practical solutions that people think of are not options BUT, in terms of just getting it done, I did figure out a way. The key for me was getting near another Apple TV. I was out of town so I took my iPad to another friend's house who also has TV. Once I was logged onto their wireless network (the same network that their Apple TV is on-- that's how it connected in the first place), then the Airplay icon and options showed up from the bottom-draw menu and I was able to make sure that mirroring was turned off from the Apple TV section and to make sure the selection was on iPad instead. Problem solved. Now whether or not this will stay the same (rather than me having to make sure it stays at this setting everytime I link up to a network that has an Apple TV on it) I don't know. So my advice is find someone with Apple TV and connect to their network with your iPad and then change it.

How to disable airplay mirroring on iPad with ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.