Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audible click when playing sounds

For a few months now, I've had an FiiO Olympus E-10 USB headphone amp. The reason for getting it was convenience; it allows me to just unplug the Thunderbolt cable from my MacBook Air and leave my headphones hooked up to the Thunderbolt Display through the E-10. The audio quality is actually quite good, but for some reason I get an audible click every time audio stops.

• When a system sound has finished playing, there is a click
  • When I pause a YouTube video or when it ends, there is a click
  • When I play music from iTunes and a track pauses or ends, there is a click.

It's really quite annoying.

Additional data points :

• When I have the headphones connected to my audio jack on the MBA, the click does not happen.
  • When I have another pair of headphones connected to the E-10, the click also happens.
  • No specific drivers were installed to support the device. None are available on the manufacturers site either.

In my view, all of the above appears to point towards a hardware issue.

Any similar experience?

Any thoughts on how to resolve it without buying a new device?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), 2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 7:40 PM

There are no replies.

Audible click when playing sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.