Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

/Library/Server/Wiki/Database.xpg consuming huge amount (~300 GB) of disk space.

This problem is actually quite well documented over here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/113837/library-server-wiki-database-xpg -consuming-huge-amount-313gb-of-disk-space

In short, there's a folder at /Library/Server/Wiki/Database.xpg/backup that grows continuously and get can quite huge. It does seem to occasionally purge and start over, not sure why yet. The logs folder at /Library/Server/Wiki/logs seems to be growing quickly as well.

The main problem I have with this issue is it makes my Time Machine backups HUGE. I realize I could add an exclusion for this path but would prefer to know why this is happening.

FWIW, I do not nor have I ever used the Wiki service.

Kind of surprised I can find so little about this problem, seems like the search terms would be pretty unique.

Consider this an FYI, since it seems a rare problem. Apple Support was no help at all with the issue.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 11:57 PM

3 replies

/Library/Server/Wiki/Database.xpg consuming huge amount (~300 GB) of disk space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.