Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My location is wrong(also time zone automatic doesnt working)

My location on my ipad was wrong in apps for example we chat,yahoo weather,... And my time zone automatic doesnt work.

When i restart ipad,location service didnt work(even didnt show wrong location).

What should i do to fix it?

Tnx.

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 2:20 AM

If your location isn't working it could be that you have a WiFi-only iPad? If so, it does not contain a GPS chip like the cellular models. Your location is determined by your WiFi hotspot. If Apple has it's location in their database, along with they can approximate your location - albeit fairly accurately.

If youhave a cellular model, then you should read the Knowledge Base article about location services

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2013 2:20 AM in response to Pooriabt

If your location isn't working it could be that you have a WiFi-only iPad? If so, it does not contain a GPS chip like the cellular models. Your location is determined by your WiFi hotspot. If Apple has it's location in their database, along with they can approximate your location - albeit fairly accurately.

If youhave a cellular model, then you should read the Knowledge Base article about location services

My location is wrong(also time zone automatic doesnt working)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.