Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop constant keychain login requests

I keep getting " Calendar agent wants to use "login" keychain " also with Mail too.

I'm new to Macs but I certainly want to stop this happening constantly.

Ta for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 12:26 AM

6 replies

Dec 19, 2013 1:38 AM in response to nross5

Have you changed your password at all recently or anyone done it for you?

You might need to reset your keychain. (See below to do this)

In spotlight go to keychain access > Preferences > General and click reset my default keychain

This will delete the keychain that saves your passwords for various apps and create a fresh copy that hopefully shouldn't be confused and keep asking you for your passwords.

It will ask you for the passwords again but once you've put them back in it will remember them.

Hopefully that helps

-Dib.

Apr 7, 2014 4:54 AM in response to Dibbler

I have the same problem. I tried to click "reset my default keychain" though, and it said it couldn't obtain access to do that, then the login keychain disappeared totally. I had to do keychain first aid, which added a new empty login keychain, then I tried the "reset default" again, and the login keychain disappeared again.

I know how mine got broken: I forgot the password to get into my MacBook Pro, so I followed some sort of instructions to reset my Mac password.

I got back into the Mac, and everything was just as I left it, but now I'm getting non-stop requests like nross5's that Calendar agent, Mail agent, Safari, Local Items, etc. want to use login keychain.

I've tried doing keychain repair, changing the password, tried reseting to default as suggested by Dib, and I'm still getting these requests. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mandy

Apr 11, 2014 7:37 AM in response to mandyohmandy

Hi Mandy,

You can try to manually delete the keychain using finder.

If you go into your user account and whilst in finder click on the go menu whilst holding down the 'alt' key, you will see an option for library.

Go into the library folder and find the folder called 'keychains' and inside here you will find a file called 'login.keychain'

Delete this and restart the machine and it should be ok.

-Dib.

Apr 21, 2014 4:07 AM in response to Dibbler

Hi Dibbler

I have been struggling with this problem too but when I try to carry out your solution I am flummaxed because in my keychain folder I find four login.keychain files;

1= "login.keychain"; 2= "login_renamed.keychain"; 3= "login.keychain.sb-29256db8-WV9np0"; 4= "login.keychain.sb-965669d6-B9oFw7".

Have you any suggestions as to which I should delete? The pop-ups are driving me mad.

Regards

Derek

how to stop constant keychain login requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.