Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad has a White/Grey smudge border around the screen.

Hello. I'm having a problem with my ipad. When I opened it one morning last week, a massive white border is around my screen. I have been browsing for the solution but it seems this is a rare case. See, when I open it, the border is visible but the longer period I use it, the border fades away until it was gone. But the irritating part is, if I turn it off and turn the ipad again, the border is back. I have tried reseting it and set it up as a new ipad. At first it will be normal but after a few mins, the border would still come back. And what worries me the most is the applications are still visible in the screen after I closed it from the applications tab. The opacity is very minimal but still i can see the applications overlapping at each other. I haven't dropped the Ipad or whatever. I think it's about the OS compatibility? I don't know.. haha.. I'm waiting for an update, maybe it will clear it up but still, I'm very worried! If you could help me up, please!! Thanks 🙂

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 4:27 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:37 PM in response to IanaForbes

I Have this problem too. It cannot be due to heat as it has been a mild day 22° celcius in the room and it was not on charge at all. Just came to put it on charge and found it with with the whitish border. Has latest version of ios9. Whatever. On iPad3. Actually if anything it feels quite cool to the touch . Restarted it but so far no luck.

Dec 7, 2016 3:01 AM in response to julie1268

Julie is correct, its seemingly not a heat issue, my iPad 3 was like this this morning, a vignette effect white halo round the edge of the screen which appeared for no apparent reason and so far an hour on has gradually faded.

My ipad was cool to touch and has never shown any signs or symptoms like this before.

It's updated to the latest ios it can be 9.3.5 and never been dropped or mishandled, still use original charger and cable.

My Ipad has a White/Grey smudge border around the screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.