Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flipped videos

After upgrading from Keynote 5 to Keynote 6, movie clips that have been flipped horizontally show correctly in the build but flip back to the original position when played in presentation mode. Very annoying as I have several hundreds of those in my presentations.

Any fix known or planned?

Keynote'09-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Mac Book Pro Retina 2.6 16

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 3:54 AM

There are many problems with QuickTime files used in Keynote 6.

Apples only announcement about current Keynote issues is to wait for the updates that will be available over the next 6 months.

13 replies

Jan 24, 2014 5:43 AM in response to Bernhard Meier

Keynote 5.3 is stable for most users in Mavericks, the posts here demonstrate that, in fact 5.3 for me works better in Mavericks now than it did in the past.

I have Mavericks running on an external bootable drive connected with USB as I still need to use Snow Leopard on the internal drive for current projects. It was a clean install of Mavericks from a newly erased drive, it runs without any issues and its fast. I'v discovered that Mavericks users that have problems have all updated to Mavericks and not a clean install.

Mar 17, 2014 10:09 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Apple people actually approached me about this issue roughly 1 month ago. I mailed them a few examples, including some examples of other bugs to take advantage of the established contact. I have not heard of them since. But at least they seem to be taking it seriously and hopefully they are working at it.

Gary's suggestion is helpful but if you have hundreds of those clips like I do this means many hours of "unproductive" work to get something going again that was working fine before the update.

flipped videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.