Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ilife not in 'purchased' apps after recovery. How can I get it without buying it?

I recently formatted my mac and recovered it using the provided disk. I went to use Iphoto (which I had previously - I think the store installed it for me?) and it wasn't there so I read the discussions and this post and checked the app store, but the Ilife package is not in my app store as 'purchased'. What can I do?

Please note I have 10.6.9 (snow leopard) so perhaps I just need to suck it up and buy the whole upgrade?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 3:05 AM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2013 5:19 AM in response to NelleMay

Your machine shipped with an iLife DVD and you can use it to install the apps and software update on them.

Apple no longer sells anything on DVD's and sells the apps individiually via the App Store (Applications folder).

If you've purchased a more recent versions (like iLife '11) of the suite it also shipped on a DVD and you can use it.

If you purchased using the App Store you need only sign in with your Apple ID used in the original purchase to download any purchases again.

Ilife not in 'purchased' apps after recovery. How can I get it without buying it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.