Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7, Moving messages between Exchange accounts

Hi,

Can't find any help on this issue:

I have two Exchange accounts set up on my iPhone (and iPad), and both work well interms of sending and receiving e-mails. As I frequently get messages addressed to one address that "belong" to the other, I want to move these after processing them to the right folder under the other account.

ios 7 seemingly caters to this by allowing me to "move up" from the current account and see the other accounts. BUT, the other Exchange account is grayed out, so moving messages between the accounts is impossible.

This is perfectly possible on the Mac in OS X, so I am not sure why this should be infeasible on the phone?

Any ways to get around this?

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 3:47 AM

6 replies

Aug 23, 2017 5:50 AM in response to BJ4Rock

I have a solution....if you add a new account but add it under Other. You will need server details to essentially create it as an exchange account. Now this will only allow Mail and notes, so I kept my old Outlook account just turned of emails, and used this new exchange account for emails. You are then able to move emails back and forth.

Dec 19, 2013 5:05 AM in response to BJ4Rock

Hold on, maybe you can. Try this and see if it works...

1. Select the account and message you want to move.
  2. Tap the folder icon under the message
  3. You should see at the top left of the screen <Inbox. Tap that.
  4. You should now see <Accounts. Tap again.
  5. Select the accoun, then the folder you want to move the email to.

Looks like it does work for me. Learn something new every day! :-)

iOS 7, Moving messages between Exchange accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.