Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No contents of the BootCamp folder present in the usb drive

Hi guys,

I have a problem with this BootCamp thing. So I have installed windows 8 pro on my iMac(late 2012) and the first thing i did when I installed it was go to the BootCamp folder in the usb drive (my external hard drive) and click the setup.exe thing. I clicked next continously and then it started extracting some thing/file with a weird name. It was taking a long time so I closed it and started it again. It was again taking a long time to extract the same weird-name-file/thing (It did not take this long to do the same when I installed windows 7 Ultimate). So I closed my computer and after some time switched it on. To my astonishment,

when I opened the BootCamp folder (the same one I mentioned before), it was EMPTY! Can you guide me on how to bring it back?

Questions:

Q:Did you Download the Windows Support Software?

A:Duh, It's permanently checked in my version of BootCamp (got it pre-installed with Mavericks)

Q:Did someone by mistake delete the contents of the folder?

A:Nope.

Oh, And one more thing, There is no audio coming when i switch to windows 8 pro and it can't even read the wifi whereas Maverics can read about 20-30 wifis. I know it's got something to do with drivers but still, can you guide me?

Note: Feel free to ask any question. 🙂 Thanks anyway.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 6:23 AM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2013 6:59 AM in response to ohgodwhy007

Sounds from your post that you are trying to install the Support software from within OSx. You install the support software from Windows. Read the Boot Camp instructions. You install Windows. Take out the Windows disk. Shut down your computer. Insert the usb containing the support software. Boot your computer into Windows. Windows will automatically detect the support software on the usb and install it. If Windows does not automatically install the software, navigate to the usb, while still in Windows, and double click the setup.exe file.

No contents of the BootCamp folder present in the usb drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.