Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto for iMac and iPhoto for iPad "Integration".

Hi

I think I may have answered my own question already but as the answer is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be I think I'd better get it checked.

I'm on an iMac running Mavericks and the latest version iPhoto (9.5 - 902.7), I spent some time adding descriptions to a lot of the photographs and also adding quite a few keywords. I recently acquired an iPad and have installed the latest version of iPhoto for the iPad. My assumption was that if I synced my iMac iPhoto library to my iPad iPhoto library the photo descriptions and keywords (tags in the iPad version) would be replicated on the iPad.

I was staggered to find that after syncing a load of photos over to the iPad that there were no descriptions or tags/keywords transferred.

Can someone who knows about these things confirm that this is how things are supposed to work? If this is what is supposed to happen it seems to me that there is a gaping hole in the synchronisation function.

Thanks,

Quentin.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:35 AM

There is no syncing between iPhoto for Mac and iPhoto for iOS. The only thing they share is a name.

Gaping hole seems an understatement.

iPhoto Menu -> Provide iPhoto Feedback

Oh, and the latest version of iPhoto is 9.5.1.

2 replies

iPhoto for iMac and iPhoto for iPad "Integration".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.