Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistent AddressBookSourceSync-related Errors

Good morning,

I am using a Mavericks-based 2012 MacMini as my client connected to a 2010 MacMini server. The problem I'm going to describe has been present in similar forms when the server was configured with ML/2.2.2 and now with Mavericks/3.0.1. I have also rebuilt the user's home folder from scratch.

One recent change in the behavior is the Safari piece. When I try to enter data into a webpage (I've had this happen with a couple of websites at least), Safari seems to try to perform the autofill magic but then gives a spinning beach ball for several mins until it times out. Here is the log from the latest:

12/19/13 7:32:00.949 AM Safari[443]: 0x6080000bf2c0: ManagedObjectContext (ABAddressBook) could not create the store at path: </Network/Servers/<server1.example.com>/Volumes/<path_to_user>/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/<a_uid>/AddressBook-v22.abcddb> - creation error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=134090 "A timeout error occurred while connecting to the persistent store." UserInfo=0x6000008641c0 {NSSQLiteErrorDomain=5, NSUnderlyingException=error during SQL execution : The database operation timed out after 240.03 seconds.} {
    NSSQLiteErrorDomain = 5;
    NSUnderlyingException = "error during SQL execution : The database operation timed out after 240.03 seconds.";
}
12/19/13 7:32:02.579 AM AddressBookSourceSync[828]: 0x7fd29a562350: ManagedObjectContext (ABAddressBook) could not create the store at path: </Network/Servers/<server1.example.com>/Volumes/<path_to_user>/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/<a_uid>/AddressBook-v22.abcddb> - creation error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=134090 "A timeout error occurred while connecting to the persistent store." UserInfo=0x7fd29a405ce0 {NSSQLiteErrorDomain=5, NSUnderlyingException=error during SQL execution : The database operation timed out after 240.28 seconds.} {
    NSSQLiteErrorDomain = 5;
    NSUnderlyingException = "error during SQL execution : The database operation timed out after 240.28 seconds.";
}
12/19/13 7:32:02.579 AM AddressBookSourceSync[828]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -[PHXCardDAVSource addressBook] returning nil!
12/19/13 7:32:12.689 AM AddressBookSourceSync[828]: Error reading store metadata: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=134000 "Failed to save. Unknown store type, format, or version."
12/19/13 7:32:12.691 AM AddressBookSourceSync[828]: Database file is empty: /Network/Servers/<server1.example.com>/Volumes/<path_to_user>/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/<a_uid>/AddressBook-v22.abcddb

Independent of Safari, AddressBookSourceSync is generating the same errors every eight mins or so, but not precisely.

Inside the source directory, there are currently nine directories, each with a unique uid for the source sync reference. I am only syncing Contacts with this one server, and NO iCloud. As a side note, I have been using Profile Manager to create configurations for this user account and so I have been adding and deleting acounts pointing to this addressbook on the server; but it seems the system should delete those old references? Regardless, the uid in the logged error is associated with the current account set up and it is the only folder of the nine that is not empty. However, ls -la on that folder produces a listing of files plus some extras which are disconcerting:

ls: .afpDeleted23320655: No such file or directory
ls: .afpDeleted23320665: No such file or directory
total 32

The users' directories are on an external RAID which passes Disk Utility's verify disk command.

The server's log isn't showing anything at the precise times of the errors on the client, but I am seeing a lot of entries matching this:

servermgrd: nsc_smb XPC: hanle_event error : < Connection invalid>

I do not know if they are related. When the ML/2.2.2 server was in place, I was sharing (if I recall) both AFP and SMB, but was sharing home directories over AFP. In this configuration, I'm trying more of the default Apple settings which means sharing over SMB for home directories. Since the addressbooksourcesync errors occured in both configurations, I'm not really looking at smb as the culprit, but .... ????

I welcome any ideas and help.

Thanks!

Tim

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 7:11 AM

5 replies

Dec 19, 2013 8:53 AM in response to tim_r_66

Some additional info in case it may be related.

I just had to log off and reboot again because I could not access any serverices without spinning beach balls.

When I entered my credentials I was given a prompt: "Configuration Profile Tool wants to use thie "Local Items" keychain. Please enter the keychain password." The password it is looking for is my previous one, which I enter. I then get the same prompts for talagent and CalAgent. It is also not uncommon for me to see errors and warnings from com.apple.preferences.internetaccounts.remoteservice.

I guess I'll reset my keychain again. I've done this serveral times but not since I changed to a Mavericks/Server 3 set up.

Jan 8, 2014 5:22 AM in response to tim_r_66

I am experiencing very similar issues using network profiles on Mavericks. The profiles are stored on a Linux server using Netatalk to provide AFP access. This server also provides SMB access via Samba.

I experience exactly the same behaviour of Safari when entering data into forms. As a workaround I have swiched off 'AutoFill web forms using info from my Contacts card'. The browser seems to perform much better with this switched off.

Oct 25, 2016 4:11 PM in response to tim_r_66

Good afternoon,

In regards to this error, I too am having the same issue on my MacBook Air that I just bought this year. I have only just got this error when I made the macOS Sierra update, which every time I log into my computer or close it and log back in- I get the AddressBookSourceSync error. I actually have a picture below to show what I am getting. User uploaded file

Persistent AddressBookSourceSync-related Errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.