Previous 1 2 Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 10:38 PM by Terence Devlin
startirs Level 1 Level 1

Hello,

One day (completely randomly-I hadn't installed any updates or anything like that) my i-photo stopped opening, it had a message about my library not working with the current update (something along those lines-I'm afraid I didn't write down the message as I should have), when I would click on that it would then lead to a message saying my current i-photo library was corrupted or wouldn't work and when I would click on that it would lead to a message saying it was trying to save the iphoto library to time machine and it would sit on the blue/white waiting bar for hours. What I should have done at this point is connect the external hardrive I use for time machine. What I did instead was look for other people having the same issue. I found what I thought was a solution-and installed an iphoto seed update package. That made the problem worse, as I don't have the latest version of mac that the seed was designed for- I have 10.6.8 and the iphoto is now asking for 10.9 or higher. Help!

MacBook Pro
Reply by Terence Devlin on Dec 19, 2013 9:23 AM Helpful
It's just that version was never released to the public, so I'm wondering how it ended up on your machine, especially as you're running 10.6.8 and the latest version that runs on that is v9.2.3
Reply by Terence Devlin on Dec 19, 2013 9:33 AM Helpful
You have no choice. You can only run up to iPhoto 9.2.3 without upgrading your OS.

All replies

Previous 1 2 Next