Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identify Photos with Faces in List view

I have duplicate photos in aperture, I'm trying to clean them up in the LIST view Sometimes my duplicate photo has a Face or place where the other does not. How can I quickly see if the photo has a Face assigned to it so I know which file to keep? Badges do not see a badge for Face

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Faces are not part of the Metadata that can be displayed in list view. You could open each "Faces" stack and add the "Faces" label as keyword, so you could see it in list view. Or define a smart album with the smart rule "Face is detected", and then use the flag or a color label to mark all faces that have been detected. The flags or color labels are visible in list view.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2013 1:01 PM in response to dunsil

Faces are not part of the Metadata that can be displayed in list view. You could open each "Faces" stack and add the "Faces" label as keyword, so you could see it in list view. Or define a smart album with the smart rule "Face is detected", and then use the flag or a color label to mark all faces that have been detected. The flags or color labels are visible in list view.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 19, 2013 4:25 PM in response to léonie

This is basically what I did while I was waiting for feedback. I created a custom Metadata field to use as a flag. Your idea of a color label may have been better. I created a smart album that showed all faces detected; I also created a smart album that showed all faces Not Named. I opened the first smart album and used a batch update to to all photos in the album to set the new custom metadata field to YES. I then opened the 2nd smart Album and performed a batch update on all photos that had a face but not named back to blank. I then set the inspection window to INFO and selected Custom Fields. As I work my way down the list I could look over to see what pictures had a "Named" face on it and what photos did not. Thanks for the help and I hope Leonie and my descriptions will help someone else.

Identify Photos with Faces in List view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.