Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to create AAC version despite following all steps.

I have followed all the steps required to create my own ringtone from a song. However, I am unable to click "create AAC version" despite being able to see the button. It remains grey instead of black.

So, I decided to convert my song to AAC via a website. And when I tried to drag it into itunes, I was told that it cannot be copied over because the phone cannot play such a file. Seeing as the step after create an AAC version was to change the extension m4a to m4r (how did AAC become m4a in the first place?), I decided to convert my song to m4a instead and then changed it to m4r. After which I successfully dragged the m4r file into itunes but itunes refuse to update itself with the ringtone. Meaning that it has the loading circle next to it. Thus, I cannot sync it to my phone.

Please advice. Thanks.

*The "insert image" button does not seem to work so I can't attach any picture. 😐

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 7:50 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2013 8:01 AM in response to njqn

Also, my tones tab do not appear even though it is on the side bar with the bell icon and I have checked the tones box in my preferences. Which also means I can click on the tones on the side bar and supposedly drag and drop ringtones into the library but not sync it to my phone? This is so hard and kind of frustrating. 😟

Unable to create AAC version despite following all steps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.