Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Have Multiple Devices on Maps osX with different iCloud accounts?

I would like to be able to send my girlfriend directions thru the osX Maps app. I know and always will know all her icloud info and password but i would wanna keep our icloud accounts seperate.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 9:42 AM

Create a separate user account for her and sign into her iCloud account within her user account.

3 replies

Dec 21, 2013 10:10 AM in response to randers4

I haven't tried this but im sure it will work.

It just seems like there must be an easier way. Instead of me having to log out of my account, log in to another account to be able to send her directions from the MAP app.

If I tried to just log out of my icloud account on my profile it prompts me that everything will be deleted so i am not able to go that rout.

Anyway's I will do it as you suggested unless something else comes up.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2013 10:22 AM in response to Penny00767

Perhaps a better solution would be to email or text message the directions to her by clicking the arrow icon and choosing email or messages. If you email or text them to her iOS device, she could tap the link to launch the Maps app with the destination pre-entered, allowing her to enter her starting location and get directions on her device.

This would avoid having to use iCloud.

How to Have Multiple Devices on Maps osX with different iCloud accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.