Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X; issues installing additional content

Just love Logic Prox X! Best music production software available! But am just having an issue evrytime new content is available for download. Download and installation seem to be successful, until I restart the software. I get the message that new content is still available, for the same one I thought I had just downloaded and installed... With a limited allotment of bandwidth, I find this a little bit annoying. There are worse things in life I know!!! But I have to download the content 2 or 3 times before it really gets installed.

Any suggestions on how I could avoid this happening? I read in another post that separetely downloading each "part" of the content would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:53 AM

11 replies

Dec 19, 2013 2:26 PM in response to magrenier

Do you all have fast internet?

Sometimes it also depends on the server traffic at Apple.

Or, because its a large download - mine took about an hour with fast cable broadband - some ISP's will automatically time you out after a certain period of time.

If you do get a drop out look under the Logic menu in the program and restart the download.

regards,

Scorpii

Dec 19, 2013 3:22 PM in response to Scorpii

Hi Scorpii

I do have a 10 Mbps connection, so speed is not the issue.

Issue is that downloads get completed, new loops or others then seem to get installed. But when I reopen Logic, I get the message that new content is available. Content that I thought I just downloaded completely! Then I must download 2 or 3 other times for the new content to really get installed.

If you have an idea why this is happening, your help will be greatly appreciated!

Dec 19, 2013 4:40 PM in response to magrenier

Typically, the need for the download feature in LPX to download and re-download content...may well indicate that part of the download arrived corrupted and so it must be downloaded again... and will continue to do so until it is all successfully downloaded and installed.

Causes of such corruption are wide and varied and can be the result of something network wise along the route from whichever Akamai server (where the data is stored) you are routed to... to/from your location.. like a flaky router/switch... timeouts... interuptions.. that is causing issues.. or your own router/switch/modem having the odd issue when placed under heavy load/long continous load..... disk issues.. permission issues... memory issues.... and so on...

Dec 19, 2013 4:54 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

This makes a lot of sense. Many thanks for clarifying this for me, The Art of Sound! Much appreciated!

Issue must be external as I normally have no problems with other downloads, installed 32 Gbs of memory and am on a FTTH network/modem. Again, the fact the file is corrupted in someway at initial download explains very well why when opening LPX, the software does not "recognize" the download.

Many thanks again!

Dec 19, 2013 5:37 PM in response to magrenier

Is this Logic 10.0.5 (sorry if I missed that info)? If not make sure to update to that.

Are you in a position to be able to install all the content? If so, when you get the dialog hit 'Don't Download' then go to the Download Manager in the App menu and enable all the checkboxes and install the whole lot.

I had a problem in the past and this is what fixed it for me... I guess there was something it preferred about downloading if from the Manager than just hitting Download in the dialog.

Logic Pro X; issues installing additional content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.