4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 12:30 PM by Agi.S.
Agi.S. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Today I tried to delete some photos from my iphone via 'digital images'. However they were deleted from iPhoto instead. Not I can't get any photos from my iphone back into iPhoto. IPhoto recognizes my iPhone but won't load pictures. Fotostream doesn't workk ether. I can't even click the option 'Fotostream' above the 'mail', 'facebook' and 'flickr' option. My wifi connection is good my phone's battery is loaded. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, I'd be really thankful. I had 6649 pictures in iPhoto and would love to get them back.

iPhone 4S
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (60,255 points)

What version of iPhoto and of the OS? Quicklest solution is to restore your backup of the iPHoto library from before this happened

what exactly does this mean and what exactly is 'digital images'

Today I tried to delete some photos from my iphone via 'digital images'.

and please explain

However they were deleted from iPhoto instead.

Two totally seperate devices - not at all understanding how deleting from the iPhone can delete form the Mac (unless these are PhotoStream photos you deleted in which case they are removed from all devices)

IPhoto recognizes my iPhone but won't load pictures.

Why can't you load photos? What happens?

Fotostream doesn't workk ether.

I can't even click the option 'Fotostream'

and same questions for both statements

LN

• Agi.S. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I use the newest iPhoto version. I didn't delete them from my iphone. That's the problem. I just deleted them from iphoto. I can't make a backup/get a backup to load since I had to make a whole new iphoto library after the pictures were deleted. Were can I get a backup from iphoto now? Is it to late? I plan on phoning apple support today since my phone isn't recognized by other devices at all.

• photosb189 Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)

You could import them using the Image Capture app in your Utilities fodler and set it to import them into iPhoto. There might be duplication when using this method, but it does allow you to be selective and even selectively delete images from your iPhone, if desired.

• Agi.S. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I finally solved the problem. I called the apple support and all I had to do was to update my imac...now I have a new problem though. My iPad won't import all photos to iphoto. It only imported a few that I had in the "import all images" folder. But even the ppictures in fotostream don't get imported. Image capture doesn't recognize these photos ether Any ideas what I could do?