Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store access to Motion 5.0.7 for Pre-Mavericks Macs

Now that Motion 5.1 has been released on the Mac App Store (which is OS X 10.9 only), how can I download Motion 5.0.7 (last Lion/Mountain Lion compatible version) for one of my non-Mavericks machines that does not currently have it installed? Purchased Motion from the App Store, but as of today only the latest Mavericks-only version is available for download from the store.

Just realised I may still need access to Motion on my Macbook Pro, but don't want to uplift this machine to Mavericks yet - it's my legacy Final Cut Pro 7 edit platform, and FCP 7 doesn't work too well on Mavericks I understand; not to mention the fact that drivers for my Matrox MXO2 Mini video I/O are not yet available for Mavericks - Matrox are still working on that!

Hoping this is something that Apple has considered and there may be a route I can use to still get access to older versions (via the App Store or otherwise) for the reasons explained above. Has anyone received any wisdom on this from the good folks at Apple?

Motion 5, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 12:43 PM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Ron

The above is not all that happened! My screen also informed me that MAVERICK was needed for FCPX. Imagine my annoyance when it then showed I needed to purchase FCPX and Apple techies informed me that I had been using the programme for free over the past 3 years. Despite my protestations, there is no budging by Apple. I'm in my 87th year and, being unable trace my bank records for the relevant period, I am having to resign myself to another purchase. My wife and I remember I had serious lasting problems with my first purchase of a 27" iMac and it had been eventually swapped. What I am unclear about is the progress of my other purchases at that time. I still have MOTION and COMPRESSOR but no longer FCPX.

I am resigned to another purchase if I cannot finally trace events through my old bank records. Buyers beware?

May 1, 2014 12:38 PM in response to Ron

Ron, if you purchased FCPX and have upgraded to Mavericks you should still be able to re-download and intstall it without re-purchasing. I'd suggest trying these things.

1. Make sure you have not accidentally hidden you purchase. In the App Store application, go to the store menu and select "View my account". You should be taken to an overview, look at the iTunes in the Cloud section and see if you have any hidden purchases. I've noticed that sometimes I've accidetally hidden software I"ve purchased, and this makes it look like I need to repurchase it.

2. Confirm you purchased it under the same Apple ID as your Motion purchase. Sometimes people have multiple Apple IDs and accidentally make purchases with a different ID.

Hope this helps.

App Store access to Motion 5.0.7 for Pre-Mavericks Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.