Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I unable to send group text messages from my iPhone?

Whenever I try to send group texts, there is always a red exlamation mark next to the text bubble and under it it says that the message was unable to send. Please helppppp

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 4:39 PM

I'm having the same problem. It wasn't an issue until today. I realize that I can send group texts to iPhone users but it won't go through if I add a non-iPhone user. I can send non-iPhone users individual texts though. It's frustrating.

9 replies

Mar 4, 2014 2:00 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Why you insist in saying MMS ? MMS stands for "Multimedia Messaging Service" and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.

By the way, having the same issue that keeps creeping in, I turned it off so only SMS - Short Message Service is enabled.

Of course, SMS also has nothing to do with group messaging either

<Edited by Host>

Mar 3, 2014 8:44 AM in response to aldela

Actually it does, dependent on the carrier. Many carriers treat group messages, even those without any media attached as MMS. That also explains why with many carriers the iPhone will not allow you to turn on Group Messaging unless you turn on MMS. The button/switch is missing in Settings>Messages unless you have MMS turned on. It doesn't matter anyway, but I'm glad you have a working pos.

Why am I unable to send group text messages from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.