Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to set up Airplay with my MacBook Pro late 2011 model, processor 2.8 GHz intel core i7, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) software with no luck. What do or can I do to set apple tv mirroring and play through up on this device?

Need some help setting up my MacBook Pro with the Apple TV. Not having any luck establishing AirPlay on the computer and details on the net provide that my computer doesn't support this but the equipment specs should. Either way, how do I establish, set up, download Airplay to my MacBook?

Thanks

Jacob

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 7:19 PM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2013 3:08 AM in response to Winston Churchill

All that is good and downloaded Mavericks. Audio streams but only see a grey screen. I've restrored the Apple TV, all updated, Macbook Pro is updated, mirroring works great except for DVDs played through the DVD player in the MacBook.

What do you suggest?

Dec 25, 2013 5:31 AM in response to Community User

the dvd bit is the encryption kicking in the same would happen if you use remote desktop programs

to airplay mirror the it would mean that the system would have to deencrypt the dvd encryption and send it unencrypted over the network this is technically illegal so your dvd player can't do it

people repport it works with VLC player (a free player of many formats) which would indicate that the program is not really following the law

Trying to set up Airplay with my MacBook Pro late 2011 model, processor 2.8 GHz intel core i7, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) software with no luck. What do or can I do to set apple tv mirroring and play through up on this device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.