Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access my me.com email from someone else's computer or ipad?

I have an email account on icloud.com (me.com, mac.com) which I normally access on my own iMac or MacPro. My wife now has an iPad, with the account set up as hers, of course. Sometimes, if possible, I would like to check my email inbox on her iPad. Is there a way that I can do that? How do I log in to my me.com account from a device other than my own computer? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

iPad

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:37 PM

You could add your iCloud account as a second ("secondary") account on her iPad and turn on mail syncing. It would then appear in the mail app on her iPad alongside her own account, but she can select to view just her inbox. When you want to view your email, you can select your own inbox to view. The only limitation is that email in a secondary iCloud account is fetched periodically rather than pushed to the device.

If you want to do that, on her iPad go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, sign in with your iCloud ID and turn on Mail.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2013 8:37 PM in response to mikethiedeman

You could add your iCloud account as a second ("secondary") account on her iPad and turn on mail syncing. It would then appear in the mail app on her iPad alongside her own account, but she can select to view just her inbox. When you want to view your email, you can select your own inbox to view. The only limitation is that email in a secondary iCloud account is fetched periodically rather than pushed to the device.

If you want to do that, on her iPad go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, sign in with your iCloud ID and turn on Mail.

Can I access my me.com email from someone else's computer or ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.