Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import videos from camera

Trying for the first time to import my videos from a Sony HDR-XR500 to my iMac. Running the latest version of iMovie. After waiting forever for the files to load and select to import, I then get an error that says No Storage Location Set, and then this text: Cannot start ingest because there is no storage location set. Please set one under Storage in Preferences and try again. The only problem that I can find is there is not an option under Preferences to set one. Not sure what I am missing.???

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Scott Cooley

I am having the same issue, very frustrating. I don't think that you are missing anything. I'm using a mac mini with iMovie 10.0.2. I have a Sony HDR-XR500. I had previously been able to import with no problem into my MacBook pro with no problem. I upgraded to a new mac mini with a WD Thunderbotl 8TB external drive to store all of my home movies, as the files tend to be quite large, but I'm completely stuck. I've read through several posts on this topic in Apple support forums as well as online in general, and it does not appear that there is a solution for this problem. I hope someone can figure it out soon.

Can't import videos from camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.