Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page 5.0, Number 3.0, and Keynote 6.0 file would not save to shared NTFS folder

Originally I thought it is OS 10.9 problem. As I revert to '09 version, all files can be save to a network NTFS shared folder or drive once again. I have post it in OS Maverick section, and I post this again in iWork Pages for Mac section and hopefully right Apple personal can read it. I can open these files with out any problem and user has the proper credential. The problem exist when I try to save the file back to shared folder, it will display error message saying I do not have the proper permission and the file will become corrupted (display as a folder, not a file). Hopefully this issue can be fixed ASAP.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 10:50 PM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2013 2:34 PM in response to Coolmaster01

How is the new interface better?

It is muddled, obscure and requires multiple extra steps to get things done as well as eating up a large chunk of screen real estate.

The "full compatibility" does not extend to other versions of the iWork software, nor eMails. So really it is full compatability with itself.

Except not so much Pages for iCloud beta.

Apple has actually removed 90+ features from Pages 5 and what is left is not working that well. That is a heavy price to pay for a new interface, even if that interface actually did what it was claimed to do, make life easier for users.

This particular problem with .pages packages not being parseable by other server software also introduces a problem of the files themselves not being parseable by anything else wanting to see the content. Not exactly a good sign from a company that has just trashed the previous file format, after trashing that of the predecessor to iWork, AppleWorks and lots of other software before and since that.

But who wants to read their own files? Just look at that interface!

Peter

Page 5.0, Number 3.0, and Keynote 6.0 file would not save to shared NTFS folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.