Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest iTunes update stopped me from opening iTunes.

Last week I got the latest iTunes update and reset my iPod touch's factory settings and erased it. Since then I have been unable to open iTunes at all from my desktop, and subsequently cannot access thousands of songs. My iPod is no longer syncing to my laptop (no surprise considering iTunes is unresponsive). Attempts to re-download iTunes have been unsuccessful - my desktop shows the latest shortcut but when I try to open it the cursor returns to the default and iTunes never opens. I am reluctant to uninstall the program completely, as I have videos from my other devices in my iTunes that cannot be downloaded from my iCloud and would be lost for good. I cannot find the songs that I imported to iTunes either and don't want to lose them. Any ideas? If there is a way to make the current shortcut work, that would be fabulous.

iPod touch, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 11:14 PM

There are no replies.

Latest iTunes update stopped me from opening iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.