Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies and music fail when syncing to iPad from iTunes

Today I connected my iPad to my computer, and after adding, or attempting to add, movies to my iTunes, I synced the iPad to apply the changes. After I had synced these, it gave me more issues with movies; the new movies I had added to iTunes had not synced properly to my iPad, and hadn't appeared there. I tried deleting some of the movies I had on the iPad and resyncing them, and this didn't turn out well. The movies I deleted would not sync back to my iPad; they appeared there, but on iTunes had an exclamation mark ⚠ next to the name. On the iPad itself, it showed the movies, but wouldn't play them and said they had '0 bytes'. The movies I had originally added to my iTunes and tried to sync to my iPad turned out to be another issue and would not be added to my iTunes properly.

This is purely about the issue of the movies not syncing properly to my iPad. I recently tried ticking the 'Manually manage music and videos' button, and I checked 'Sync Music' and 'Sync Movies' in the tabs near, and when I did a message popped up saying that it needed to remove the music and movies on my iPad, then resync them. I tried this hoping it would attempt to fix the issue, but it turns out my music is having the same issue now as the movies, and they won't let me play them.

I have tried restarting iTunes, restarting my computer, reinstalling iTunes and many more, but nothing works. I'm sure it's not a file type issue, because I have tried in .mp4 and .m4v for the movies and the music is .mp3 I'm fairly sure. Help would be much appreciated.

Windows 8, iTunes issue

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 1:29 AM

4 replies

May 15, 2014 2:47 AM in response to MrDougiee

I encountered a similar problem, I was trying to copy some videos and one specific file wouldn't copy, it was arriving on the iPad with 0 bytes.

Here's some things I did... Eventually I got it on there:

• Make sure the video file is successfully imported into iTunes (Can you play it from within iTunes?). It may be that the original file has moved and so it cannot be found - or did not import properly.
  • Try renaming the file to something shorter then reimporting to iTunes - this helps if it gets mixed up about the state of a specific file - as it effectively treats it as a new file.
  • Make sure there is enough space on the iPad (look at the size bar within iTunes before you sync). I had to delete a couple of other movies to make room.

After doing all these steps (especially the second one), for me I was able to get it synced successfully.

Good luck!

Movies and music fail when syncing to iPad from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.