Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming audio from Samsung Smart TV to an Airport Express connected to home stereo system

Hi There,

I am new to the Apple support community so firstly hello all and secondly appologies for any silly mistakes 😕

Please can someone advise on the following...

I have an Apple TV (latest Gen) connected to my Samsung Smart TV (UE46D8000YUXXU) and I want to play my TV audio (all TV audio - not just Apple TV audio) through to my Airport Express which is connected to my home stereo system.

Does anyone know if this is even possible and if so, how?

At present I'm using an optical cable connected from my TV directly into my stereo system. However, this means an ugly cable rigged round the living room. The TV and the Stereo system are at oppositite ends of the room and both have to be positioned in these locations for various reasons so I can't move them closer.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Or even if its not possible, please let me know and i wont waste anymore time on it 🙂

Thanks in advance!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 1:37 AM

There are no replies.

Streaming audio from Samsung Smart TV to an Airport Express connected to home stereo system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.