Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime won't verify

After recently updating my imac to Maverick 10.9.1, FaceTime has asked me to sign in again. I can sign in, but when i get to the next stage to verify contact email addresses, it sticks on verifying and won't go any further. Any suggestions please?

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 4:05 AM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2014 3:58 AM in response to gmb321

No, I've tried with Apple support twice to resolve and still no luck. I've tried signing into a friend's Macbook running 10.8 right beside me and I'm able to sign in instantly. Apple's best suggestion at this point is to do a fresh install and restore data only from TimeMachine. What a pain that will be. An MS Windows solution in my opinion; I expected more from Apple.

I've tried safe mode, re-installing osx 10.9 from the app store, clearing keychain, using the guest account, creating a new admin account, clearing Flash storage, trying different networks, connecting via ethernet directly to modem and nothing works. By the way, I am able to sign into iCloud and Messages without issue.

At this point I am going to wait and see if maybe 10.9.2 fixes the issue. Oh, and I will have to use Skype daily instead since it actually works, how sad is that...

Jan 22, 2014 4:51 PM in response to cdnkris

Hey, so I got this resolved. I had read that many people having a similar issue with FaceTime were also having problems with iMessage. So I decided to try signing into iMessage though I have rarely used it. For some reason when I tried to sign in it prompted me to call AppleCare and provide a them with a specific registration #. Supposedly this is a security measure to ensure that a robot isn't using your AppleID to sign in. Once the AppleCare representative had entered the code I was able to sign into iMessage AND FaceTime. Go figure.

Hope this helps someone else.

Jul 9, 2014 1:28 AM in response to themofster

I too had the problem with FaceTime being stuck on "verifying...".

What worked for me was to simultaneously launch the Messages app and sign-in with that same Apple ID.

For some reason, the Messages and FaceTime apps seemed to be connected during the initial Verification step.

Subsequently, after successful Apple ID verification, no need to run Messages app to use FaceTime.

FaceTime won't verify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.