Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to import a mp3 audio book to my iPad Air.

I'm trying to import a mp3 audio book to my iPad Air. The audio book is on 2mp3 disks. I've tried following the support help and working through iTunes, but to no avail.

When the disk is in I've right clicked and selected the option 'send to' ...'s iPad, but then it just says the device has stopped working or is not connected, even though it is connected via usb and is working.

From itunes: I've managed to import the audiobook files to my itunes library, but from there, there does not seem to be a way to transfer the files to the ipad. I've clicked on sync, but when I check my ipad - NOTHING

I can buy the audiobook on itunes for $33, but seeing that I already have it on disk, it seems a huge waste to do so.

ANY helpful advice appreciated! 🙂 Thanks

iPad

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 8:09 AM

You need to use your computer's iTunes to sync it to your iPad, you can't use 'send to', that isn't supported.

How are you trying to sync it via your computer's iTunes, and where are you looking for it on your iPad ? You've added it to your computer's iTunes library, changed it's 'type' to Audiobook so that it appears in the Books part of your iTunes library (if not, and you want it to be treated as an audiobook then select the tracks in iTunes, do 'get-info', control-I, and on the Options tab on the popup change their 'Media Kind' to 'Audiobook').

To sync it to your iPad, connect and select the iPad on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (on iTunes 11 you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and if you've changed it to an Audiobook use the Books tab on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen to select and sync it to the Music app on your iPad (when you have audiobooks on it you will get an Audiobooks option via the More button at the bottom of the Music app) - if you've left it as as music on your computer's iTunes then use the Music tab to select and sync it to the Music app

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2013 8:09 AM in response to Spreuke9

You need to use your computer's iTunes to sync it to your iPad, you can't use 'send to', that isn't supported.

How are you trying to sync it via your computer's iTunes, and where are you looking for it on your iPad ? You've added it to your computer's iTunes library, changed it's 'type' to Audiobook so that it appears in the Books part of your iTunes library (if not, and you want it to be treated as an audiobook then select the tracks in iTunes, do 'get-info', control-I, and on the Options tab on the popup change their 'Media Kind' to 'Audiobook').

To sync it to your iPad, connect and select the iPad on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (on iTunes 11 you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and if you've changed it to an Audiobook use the Books tab on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen to select and sync it to the Music app on your iPad (when you have audiobooks on it you will get an Audiobooks option via the More button at the bottom of the Music app) - if you've left it as as music on your computer's iTunes then use the Music tab to select and sync it to the Music app

I'm trying to import a mp3 audio book to my iPad Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.