Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with @mac email NOT being received by others

Recently people that I have been sending email to and they are in my address book have NOT been receiving a new email from my @mac.com account. The emails are in my Sent folder and show they have been sent. If someone sends me an email and I reply everyone sees it. But not a new email. Any thoughts on what I can do to find the problem?

I've cleaned up my email, rebuilt my inboxes. Please help!! I use my @mac for all my business!

Oh - this happens no matter where I send the email from - iphone 5 or Ipad or macbook pro.

Thank you,
K

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), happens on all my mac devices

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 7:34 AM

9 replies

Dec 25, 2013 1:47 PM in response to evanstrail

Hi,

So you had an @mac.com ID when they were paid for and presumably did the conversion to MobileMe and kept the @mac.com ID active.

Have you since Enabled this as your iCloud ID ?

IF so can you access the iCould Web Page and look at your mail that way ?

If you visit the Apple ID web site (use the Manage option) is that saying that the email is Valid and Verified ?

When .Mac had Trial accounts I registered some, mainly to use with iChat.

Later during MobileMe the @mac.com registration page was still active for "iChat IDs" and it only closed when iClould started (and names could be Free again).

Since the .Mac trials have run out I have not had mine working as emails at all.

User uploaded file
9:46 pm Wednesday; December 25, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Jan 7, 2014 10:43 AM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

all 3 of my mac emails are verified - @mac, @me and @icloud. The problem is I can see my mail. And I can send mail. But sometimes when I send to people I have been sending to for years they never receive my email. I've noticed it more with people that have @gmail addresses. Thinking there must be some setting somewhere I need to fix? Adjust? I've gone through the traditional steps everyone has mentioned above.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim

Jan 7, 2014 12:26 PM in response to evanstrail

Hi,

If you can apparently Send it may be worth your contacts to check the Google Mail Web Page and it's Spam folder and see if things are getting put in the right place.

User uploaded file

8:26 pm Tuesday; January 7, 2014

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jan 7, 2014 12:59 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

They have and can't seem to find it anywhere. Very frustrating especially when I am sending to a new client where I can't always follow up with a phone call immediately - plus it is very unprofessional to send an email then have to follow up to ask if they received it.

When I send from my gmail account it is received without a problem. Are there some settings with Gmail that I need to be aware of? Protocols? Preferences? that they don't like that @mac uses?

What happens if I start using my @icloud or @me address instead of @mac? Even thought I have my @mac on ALL my business documents, business cards etc.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

Jan 7, 2014 1:02 PM in response to evanstrail

Another piece of information is that I have Icloud in my mailboxes - not @mac anymore. Could that be making a difference? Noticed that with last upgrade? I have an iphone 5s and an IPad so I want everything to sync and be the same plus the backup of icloud and ability to see it all wherever I am if I don't have any of my hardware.

Thank you!

Kim

Jan 7, 2014 1:20 PM in response to evanstrail

Hi,

Part of the final question will depend on how you got to have the various email IDs

If you had an .Mac account and therefore the @mac.com email and then Linked this to @me.com in MobileMe then people can send to either and it will turn up in your mail box.

The same is true if you then linked the MobileMe @me.com to the iCloud account which moved the @me.com address to iCloud and may have latter given you the @iCloud.com.

In this case people could send to any of the three IDs and they will be received in your In box.

You should be able to login to iCloud (the web page) with any of the IDs (they all use the same password) and view the mail from there.

There should not really be any problem sending from one type of account compared to another.

I am not aware of any filtering either by Apple on older @mac.com IDs or Google not accepting them.

In the Window Menu of Mail there is the Connection Doctor which may give further clues.

User uploaded file

9:20 pm Tuesday; January 7, 2014

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Problems with @mac email NOT being received by others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.