Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I uninstall AirPort 4.2 from my Windows 7 PC.. I downloading and reinstalling the 4.2 but during the installation process I get an error. It reads... "1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver instance Return Code -2147024894

Why can't I uninstall AirPort 4.2 from my Windows 7 PC.. I tried downloading and reinstalling the 4.2 but during the installation process I get an error. It reads... "1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver instance Return Code -2147024894

Windows 7, software is the old AirPort 4.2.0.1

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 1:22 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2013 2:27 PM in response to ricardob123

You should not install it again..

Boot the computer into safe mode and try the uninstall again.

No luck you will have to manually uninstall which is a pain. Delete the files and open regedit and delete the registry entries.. better still use the system restore to go back to a previous system where you had no 4.2 installed..

Or just ignore it and install the latest 5.6.1 and if it gives trouble well do a clean install of windows.

Why can't I uninstall AirPort 4.2 from my Windows 7 PC.. I downloading and reinstalling the 4.2 but during the installation process I get an error. It reads... "1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver instance Return Code -2147024894

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.