Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still frustrated with the Numbers Update.

Seriously is anyone else annoyed with this product? It's not user friendly. There are fonts missing from 09', there is no sort button, the tables don't remember anything I typed before, just to name a few things that are annoying or missing. I'd like to switch back. The last time I ranted I got some help, but it didn't fix anything. I'm still wicked dissapointed. Anyone know what I should do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 1:47 PM

iWork '09 should still be installed.

Check your Applications folder. There should be a folder named iWorks '09.

Apple left the old versions intact after the update.

About the new iWork for Mac: Features and compatibility - Apple

6 replies

Dec 21, 2013 11:35 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

So that worked! Thank you! And then I turn on my computer this morning and TADAH it's back to Numbers 13. All my work from yesterday is off in some other universe that I can't access. This update is really getting on my nerves.

Yesterday I exported them to Numbers 09, saved them as Numbers 09, moved them to my desktop (today they are Numbers 13) and I worked on them. What did I do wrong?

Dec 21, 2013 12:06 PM in response to osthemost

"What did I do wrong?"

You opened the exported versions in Numbers 3 again (and saved them), or you opened the N3 versions (exporting a copy as v2 does not change or remove the existing v3 file).

If you opened the files by double-clicking their icons, that action willl also launch Numbers 3, which will (successfully) attempt to open them.

If you drag the v2 file's icon onto the Numbers ('09) icon on the Dock, or in the Applications folder, that should launch Numbers '09 and open the document.

Surest method is to launch Nunbers '09, then open the files via the File menu.

Regards,

Barry

Still frustrated with the Numbers Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.