Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.1 Editing Functionality Changed? WTH??

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I could be mistaken here. But as Monk used to say, I don't think so.

So I'm doing some editing in 10.1, and I type "O" to set the out point. Prior to 10.1, this would set the out point so that it includes the frame to the left of the playback line, but not the frame to the right of the playback line. Right? This is how it used to work, right??

In 10.1, it sets the end point so that it includes the frame to the right of the playback line. Like this:

User uploaded file

WTH? Why would they change behavior like this? Is there some way to change this?

Also, if you use the Blade tool, it works differently depending on how you position the blade cursor over the playback line. Near as I can tell, if you have more of the cursor to the left of the playback line (in other words, the cursor is still over the playback line, but the larger portion of the cursor is to the left of the playback line) it will cut directly on the line, but if you have more of the cursor to the right of the playback line, it cuts at the next frame. Again, WTH???

Will someone please either tell me I'm crazy (which is possible), or verify this? And better still, will someone tell me how to get the old behavior back???

Thanks.

Dan

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 4:36 PM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2013 5:22 PM in response to Dan Thomas (DAGWare)

No, this hasn't changed. This has been the FCP behavior since its earliest days. It has always included the frame you're looking at. When you use the down arrow to go to the next edit, your have to step back one frame to not clip of the first frame of the next clip. That behavior has never changed. Other applications have used the beahvior you describe, but not FCP.

FCPX 10.1 Editing Functionality Changed? WTH??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.