Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11 9.0.9 cannot adjust clip times to fraction of a second

I am now using a new mac 13 inch with retina dispay, OS mountain lion, and iMovie 11 9.0.9. I used to be able to adjust the duration of a clip to within a fraction of a second. For example: if I set transitions to 2 secs., then set clip duration to 3 secs. the clip actually plays for 5 secs. (using 1 sec. from each bounding transition). Fine. If I changed the clip duration to 3.5 secs. accordingly the duration would last for 5.5 secs. Just what I want. This no longer works for me. After entering 3.5 secs I get 5.05 secs or some such nonsense. I showed this to a creative person at a onetoone and he told me I could never do that. mmmmm.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 4:44 PM

3 replies

iMovie 11 9.0.9 cannot adjust clip times to fraction of a second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.