Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator won't save workflow

'when I try to save my workflow, I get a messaging saying I do not have permission to save it, that i should find the item in Finder, and choose File-Get Info. What item? The item is not in finder because i can't save it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 5:16 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 8:56 PM in response to red_menace

I have the same problem saving - due to permissions, and Automator doesn't tell me where it is trying to save it other than HD, and all permissions in my /user/Library for both Automator and Workflows are RW for user (according to GetInfo). Automator won't even give me a choice where to save a workflow so if it's choosing to save in / I can see why I don't have permission.

What else can I look at to try and save a workflow and not get permission violations and how do I make that happen?

Automator (V2.5) doesn't have "Preferences..." which is normally in the app's menu, to see where the default location is, and Automator->File->Open looks in HD at the root file system '/', and if I look using Open in /user, "Library" doesn't even appear, and in Finder I'm currently showing all files. (An Automator script I wrote back in ?MtLion? - I'm now on Yosemite.)

Automator won't save workflow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.