Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 10.1: Can't find my projects after updating

Hi, I updated all of my media/projects to 10.1 (By having it search the drive for old media/projects)--and I have access to my events/clips in the new FCPX library system (including from my external HD), but I can't find any of my old projects... it's as if they weren't updated to the Library system or something. Even when I try to manually locate and update the project files, final cut says that it cannot find any projects to update... meaning the projects are updated? Then why don't they show up in my library?

Thank you for any help you can offer

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 6:05 PM

9 replies

Jan 23, 2014 12:27 PM in response to rrmagic

rrmagic - I am in the same boat and am disheartened to see that you've not had a response since 12/21. When I try to update a project all of the folders are greyed out and are therefore unselectable. When I attempt to import media I get a massive list of files that I'm told are incompatible. I am so F&^*%$@!!!! sick and tired of updates from the rotten Apple that DO NOT WORK!!!!!!!!

Jan 24, 2014 5:54 AM in response to Lamothe123

Lamothe - I seem to be getting closer on this: I created a new "Final Cut Events" and "Final Cut Projects" folders and placed just one corresponding folder in each (one project/event, respectively), then selected "update all" and FCPX did update THAT event. The trouble is NONE of the original files linked so now I am struggling through that process. For years now I have used Aperture to store and organize my project files (stills & video clips) but, at least at the moment, FCPX doesn't seem to want to look at Aperture and so I am having significant difficulty with relinking my files....but at least I'm getting closer. I may just transfer all the files from Aperture into the corresponding event or project folder and see if that helps....

Also, I don't think it's a good practice to have your media files on your main boot drive if in fact your "Macintosh HD" is the boot drive. FCPX will function much better with the addition of a second drive, either internal or external. Best of luck to you.

Update 10.1: Can't find my projects after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.