Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet recovery doesn't work for my new mac book pro with retina display.

I have just bought a new mac book pro with retina display. I have installed win 7 pro with boot camp and on win 7 i wanted to create an extended partition for backups. After i hit the create partition i got a warning that the drive will be a dynamic partitioned drive and that may cause other OS not to be booted again. I did not take it seriously but now i understand i should.

I could not boot neither OS x nor Win 7 now because on win 7 i checked restart with OS X option on boot camp tool. I am trying to perform an internet recovery but it continuously stucks with an error -2002F.

What should i do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 12:39 AM

17 replies

Dec 21, 2013 12:41 AM in response to anilcelebi

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Do not resize your hard drive in Windows with Disk Management or you will probably damage the partition table. Apple has designed a hybrid partition table so OS X detects it as GPT and Windows detects it as MBR, so now you have converted the hard drive into a dynamic partition table and you cannot start up in OS X or Windows.

See if you can use OS X Recovery. To do it, hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up, and try to reinstall OS X. However, this will not let you erase the hard drive, so you probably have to take the Mac to an Apple Store or reseller to get your Mac working again

Dec 21, 2013 12:45 AM in response to anilcelebi

OK - so you've tried to boot into your Recovery partition (holding down the command and R keys whilst booting) and you've tried Internet Recovery (holding down the command, option and R keys whilst booting) and you're getting an error -2002F when trying the latter?

What country are you in? May be a problem with Apple's servers...

Call back to make sure that you're holding down the correct keys at least.

Clinton

Dec 21, 2013 12:48 AM in response to anilcelebi

You damaged the partition table and now you cannot even download OS X Recovery. Your Mac is starting into Internet Recovery because it cannot access to your Recovery partition, but the problem is that you cannot run Internet Recovery with the mess you have.

Take the Mac to an Apple Store or reseller if you have not got a backup

Dec 21, 2013 7:40 AM in response to reiche1

I have also tried it but it did not work. Finally i gave it to the reseller. I will take it on monday. Mac really surprized me. It is really easy to crash it. I also did not liked the idea of making partitions visible to the windows side. It is really easy to delete some system files easily.

Is there a way of creating a third partion for sharing between each OS?

Dec 21, 2013 7:42 AM in response to anilcelebi

The problem is not that it is easy to crash, and you did not delete any system file; you damaged the partition table. The problem is that you have done the worst thing you can do with Windows, but now you know what you do not have to do.

Apple does not support the option to create a third partition when you have got OS X and Windows, but there are guides that tell you how to do it. The easiest option would be to store your files on an external drive

Dec 21, 2013 7:49 AM in response to mende1

I am already doing that for regularly backing up my files but i am talking about every day operation. I do not like having my files and system's files on same partition. I never put any personal file on windows partition. I also want to use sky drive for both system. Thus, a partition that two OS can share would be really good.

As far as i understood i also must not add a new partition from OS X side after installing Windows right?

Internet recovery doesn't work for my new mac book pro with retina display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.