Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an album listed three times.

In ITunes, I have an album listed three times. It does not repeat the songs. There are several songs from the same album in each of the albums. All of the songs are in the same file folder, I have checked several times and every thing is the same, spelled the same, etc. Why is this and how can I get them to be all in the same album?

Trav

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 10:46 PM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2013 2:42 AM in response to Super Chief

I assume this is a single-artist album, not a compilation one. There are usually two reasons why an album gets split up in the way you have described.

Either;

1. some songs have guest artists listed in the artist field or,
  2. there is a difference in what is typed into the artist or album field, such as a space after the last word (which you will not notice).

If it's problem 1. then one work round is to put the additional artists into the song name field and set the Artist field as the main artist. (User tt2 has a different method, he may well add to this thread. If he doesn't notice this thread, check out his posts, you'll find him listed as a top participant in this community.)

If it's problem 2. the best way to fix that is to copy the artist name from one song into all the other songs and do the same with the album name . (You may notice the extra space if you highlight the whole field.)

I have an album listed three times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.