Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Samsung Galaxy Camers SD Card just won't work on my iPad via the camera connector - please help!

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Camera and I try to connect my Micro SDHC card via the iPad camera connector kit.

This has worked in the past with other memory cards but this is a new one and each time I go to the import option on my photos it says "No Photo"

I use an adapter to connect the sd card as it's micro, I have tried my other adapter to connect the camera via the lead however the accessory is not supported due to the camera needing more power!

I have read someone else's post and they suggested to reformat the card, I have used the disc utility to format it however it's saying its FAT32. I can't seem to format my card through my camera either?!

I'm at a loss as to what I can do and my local Apple store have stopped giving appointments to the Genius Bar so hoping someone here might help me out

I want to use my camera at christmas but know the picture upload is going to be a nightmare!!!

Thanks

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, iPad camera connector

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 4:58 AM

FOr the camera kit to work the photo files must have a name of exactly 8 characters. Does your camera give your photos a name such as DSC_4857.jpg or something along that line? The photos also must be in a folder named DCIM.

My cell phone card won't work with my iPad because my cell phone names the photos a long string of numbers, which don't fit the 8 character rule.

So you might want to put that card into your computer and see how your samsung organizes the photos it takes and make sure they are in a naming convention that the iPad recognizes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 4:58 AM in response to PrincessFussypants

FOr the camera kit to work the photo files must have a name of exactly 8 characters. Does your camera give your photos a name such as DSC_4857.jpg or something along that line? The photos also must be in a folder named DCIM.

My cell phone card won't work with my iPad because my cell phone names the photos a long string of numbers, which don't fit the 8 character rule.

So you might want to put that card into your computer and see how your samsung organizes the photos it takes and make sure they are in a naming convention that the iPad recognizes.

Dec 21, 2013 6:52 AM in response to PrincessFussypants

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

iPad: Using iPad Camera Connector with unsupported USB devices

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4106

Secrets of the iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401068-285/secrets-of-the-ipad-camera-conn ection-kit/

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Dec 22, 2013 4:20 AM in response to PrincessFussypants

You'd have to dig around in your Note's manual but I doubt it. Naming conventions like that are usually hardwired into the operating system.

So, unfortunately, the only way you can do what you want to do - using your note as a camera - would be if you used a laptop as a go between, or if you could upload those photos from the note to something like dropbox, then download them from dropbox to your iPad.

There may be other apps you can use, but basically the camera connection kit isn't going to work for you with that camera.

My Samsung Galaxy Camers SD Card just won't work on my iPad via the camera connector - please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.