Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying iCloud sign-in popup, blocking entire iPhone

Hello all,

Since I last rebooted my iPhone, an iCloud sign-in popup has been appearing, overlaying everything else on the iPhone. Now, I have reset my AppleID password and cannot login using it on my iPhone. This is not strange as the pop-up is so aggressive I cannot even unlock my sim-card nor configure a WLAN.

Essentially, my iPhone 5 is currently as useful as a stone.

So, does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

Also, I am fine with completely disabling iCloud on this device, but I haven't been able to do so yet.

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 2:06 AM

6 replies

Dec 21, 2013 1:30 PM in response to Hibbiesrbetter

Ok, so what I did was to press cancel when requested to logon and get access to internet by timing the small timeslot inbetween the pop-ups and finally activating my WLAN. Once connected to the internet I could login and that of course got rid of the annoying pop-up.

Another possibility to just get rid of the pop-up is to try the wrong password three times and press "reset password/forgot password" which redirects you to a website. Once the website has loaded, the popups stops. This thus does not require one to actually login, but requires you to have an internet connection.

Anyway, nice way of getting people to login to Apple services...

Apr 7, 2014 10:42 AM in response to okunnig

Any other ideas...What if you don't have internet connection? Because you are on an ipad that only works with wifi. And I just changed my wifi password. So I don't have enough time to access the wifi screen between the annoying popups. I am using the correct icloud ID (I didnt change that, and it works on all my other devices).

Jul 1, 2014 10:19 AM in response to shmartz

Hi I have the same problem with iPhone 4S and iPad mini 1st gen.

With iOS 7.1.1 I had the annoying pop up only after rebooting so I didn't mind very much.

Now I updated to 7.1.2 and the pop up appears every second...

I tried to do what you suggested but it didn't work...I also restored from backup, and again as new device, nothing worked.

On iPad I managed to go to settings inbetween pop ups and deleted icloud account from device, but on iPhone I don't have enough time between pop ups to do it...

Maybe it's iOS 7.1.2 that does this?

Jul 12, 2014 8:15 AM in response to Fran900

I just had the same situation with my wife, when she was abroad and could not use her phone because it was not connected to wifi or data roaming so icloud could not verify the password. After spending an hour with Apple support the only thing that they suggested is to restore the phone, however, after the call, when I tried to do it, I figured out a solution that worked - plug it into the computer to connect to itunes, and when you plug it in there will be 1-2 seconds when the phone will become operational, during these seconds you have to go to settings and turn on wifi/data roaming - as soon as phone will have access to the internet it will be able to verify icloud data and the phone will work again

Annoying iCloud sign-in popup, blocking entire iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.