Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see my airport express on wired network.

My airport express works like a charm, at least on every wireless device I have. My wired windows computer though refuses to auto detect him. I can ping to the device, configure it through airport utility when i give up the ip adress manual. It's such a strange problem anyone has already experienced the same? I already tried disabling my firewall and stuff but since i can ping i can assume the path to the device is free right?

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Windows 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 5:02 AM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Philippe256

Did you solve this? I have exactly the same problem.

Airport Utility cannot automatically detect my Airport Express from my wired PC.

The AE light is solid green. It is in client mode / joined to my existing network. I can see/stream to the Airport Express from my wireless laptop but not from my wired PC. My PC (connected to a Belkin wireless modem/router via ethernet cable) can successfully ping the AE and access it via Airport Utility when entering the IP address manually (via File / Configure Other...).

Windows 7

Airport Express Firmware 7.6.4

Airport Utility 5.6.1

I can't see my airport express on wired network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.