Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted iMovie 9.0, what should I do to get it back?

When I downloaded the newest version of iMovie (the one with the purple icon), I thought the old version was not of use anymore and deleted it accidentally. Now I realise that the new version cannot do much - what should I do to get the previous iMovie back? Please help );

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 4:42 AM

8 replies

Dec 21, 2013 4:45 AM in response to AdelRoseumi

You need a backup to get your old version back.

If you created it with Time Machine, open a Finder window and choose Applications in the sidebar. Then, open the Time Machine app (in /Applications/Utilities, or in the Time Machine icon in the menu bar), navigate through your backups, choose the old iMovie version and restore it.

If your Mac came with DVDs, you can insert the Applications DVD and install iMovie from it.

Finally, if your Mac did not come with DVDs and you have not got a backup, you cannot get the old iMovie version back

Dec 21, 2013 5:07 AM in response to mende1

What, are you serious? *__* I have no idea what is Time Machine, and nope I did not have a backup on. But it is unfair if I can't get the old iMovie back because it came with iLife when I bought the MacBook one month ago! I am a new user here and I'm not sure about new updates.

I've tried using Pacifist but nothing could be found.

Should I contact iTunes store to get back my old iMovie, or is there another way?? I really really need iMovie 9.0

Dec 21, 2013 5:09 AM in response to AdelRoseumi

You have to make backups of your files. All hard drives fail, and if this happens and you have not got a backup, you will lose everything. Pacifist cannot do anything in this case.

You can try to contact with the Mac App Store support, but I think that iMovie '11 is no longer available as a download > http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact

Dec 21, 2013 5:13 AM in response to mende1

Okay. I seriously have no idea that I have to backup my files when I've just bought my Mac and literally there aren't many files inside...

Okay, I've just contacted them. If otherwise fail, do you think going down to EpiCentre and asking for help directly would work? Like asking the staff whether I can re-download the older version of iMovie?

I accidentally deleted iMovie 9.0, what should I do to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.