Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync new music and videos with iPad 3. I can do it with my iPod Touch...

Well, from yesterday I can't sync new music and videos with my iPad 3. I can do it with my iPod Touch. (Same iTunes Library).

No problem to sync Apps.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 5:26 AM

6 replies

Dec 21, 2013 5:32 AM in response to typhoon66

"New music and videos" means to me that these items have just been purchased. Is that correct? In any event, have you tried simply restarting or resetting your iPad to see if that helps?

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Dec 21, 2013 6:42 AM in response to typhoon66

Well that's an easy one. Your iPad is not a Peter Gabriel Fan. 😁 I am just kidding .....

The dotted circles next to the songs means that there is a problem - which is obvious, I know - but many times it indicates that the songs got "stuck" trying to sync to the device. They are sort caught in limbo, if you will.

Do these songs appear on the iPad at all? Greyed out perhaps? You could try unsyncing all of your music, restart your iPad and then try syncing it all back again.

You might also consider deleting the songs and downloading them again.

The "dotted circle" issue in iTunes can be caused by a number of things and it can be resolved in a number of different ways. Sometimes restoring the device is necessary. I hate to be this vague, but you can Google the problem or do a search in the ASC using the search field in the upper right corner and you will find many articles and discussions about it. Maybe something in one of those will help you resolve this.

I can't sync new music and videos with iPad 3. I can do it with my iPod Touch...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.