Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook profiler report wont recognize firewire audio interface

Hello all!

*beware- I'm a noob*

I have recently purchased an Apogee Duet I (December-2008) audio interface, with hopes of creating some sweet tunes on my Macbook pro (August-2009; running Mavericks 10.9.1).

Here are the steps I took when installing:

I installed the software given on the Apogee Duet Software & Documentation CD, connected via Firewire, (according to the instructions) a "dialog box" was supposed to appear... No such luck. I proceeded to do some research among peers who have experienced similar difficulties- I realized I may need new software, in hopes that the 2008 software was simply outdated. I downloaded the Mavericks update for Duet from the Apogee website, and also downloaded the latest version of Maestro (required for operating the Duet) from the App store... still nothing! No dialog box! I gathered from one particular user that his mac had recognized his Duet by a system profiler report, so, I attempted the same. i clicked more info on the "about this mac" page, system report... clicked firewire, my mac didn't detect my Duet!

Took a trip to the genius bar, the guy who helped me seemed equally confused. We checked my firewire cable (400-400 with 800 adapter), it works. My Duet was detected on his MacBook. We tried connecting another device through my FireWire port, and it WAS detected... We determined it must be an issue with some old software on my computer (he was not specific). he instructed me to purchase an external hard drive, back up my information, erase and reinstall Mavericks. I did just that, and restored my information. NO LUCK!!! Please help me out here people, my quest as an inspired musician has turned in to a tumultuous path of computer problems leading to more computer problems, really destroys the magic.. Thank you for your time!

-Evan

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 7:05 AM

There are no replies.

macbook profiler report wont recognize firewire audio interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.