Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my desktop display back to normal size??

Suddenlly today the desktop info is too large for the screen. My dock located on the bottom disappears if the top toolbar is displayed and I can get it to show only by putting the arrow at the bottom, at which time the top of the screen with all the icons disappears. And vice versa. Also, all of the info on the dock (bottom) and top won't fit laterally, e.g., to get the Trash to show I must slide the arrow so that the Finder and Launchpad on the left end disappear on the left.

How do I get the desktop to fit the screen again with all the icons and info lists appearing simultneously as always before? Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 7:38 AM

The Display is either Zoomed in or the Resolution has been changed.

First try holding the Control key and scrolling or swiping down.

If it does not return to normal then your Display Resolution setting is wrong. To fix it, go to: Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Display tab and either tick "Best for display" or wit Scaled ticked, select the correct Rseolution for your Display.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 7:38 AM in response to James Wittmer

The Display is either Zoomed in or the Resolution has been changed.

First try holding the Control key and scrolling or swiping down.

If it does not return to normal then your Display Resolution setting is wrong. To fix it, go to: Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Display tab and either tick "Best for display" or wit Scaled ticked, select the correct Rseolution for your Display.

How do I get my desktop display back to normal size??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.