Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I totally remove a song from a playlist and add it to another playlist

How do I totally remove a song from a playlist, and add it to another playlist

Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 8:16 AM

Look in the Playlist, find the song and click on Edit/Delete or right-click/Delete.

You can add that song to as many Playlists as you want, in just the same way you added to the first Playlist. (Highlight the song, right-click/Add to Playlist.) You do not have to remove it from one Playlist simply to put it in another.

This is for Regular Playlists. However, you cannot delete a song from a Smart Playlist. You either have to change the attributes of the song so it is not included in the Smart Playlist, or change the rules of the Smart Playlist (which will probably affect other songs as well).

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 8:16 AM in response to waynefromwestfield

Look in the Playlist, find the song and click on Edit/Delete or right-click/Delete.

You can add that song to as many Playlists as you want, in just the same way you added to the first Playlist. (Highlight the song, right-click/Add to Playlist.) You do not have to remove it from one Playlist simply to put it in another.

This is for Regular Playlists. However, you cannot delete a song from a Smart Playlist. You either have to change the attributes of the song so it is not included in the Smart Playlist, or change the rules of the Smart Playlist (which will probably affect other songs as well).

User uploaded file

How do I totally remove a song from a playlist and add it to another playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.