Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow leapard install problem

I have a 2007 white intel iMac with a bad CD drive. When I put the SL retail install disk in a usb superdrive I get an error message (see below).

Anyway, as a workaround I wanted to make a fresh SL install on a SATA HD in a usb enclosure. It already had a SL install on it and it was able to start up my MBP. I connected the usb hd to the MBP and stuck the SL retail disk in the slot. Went through the first few steps and then got this message below. It is the same one I got when trying to do a fresh install on the iMac from the USB superdrive

Any suggestons please?

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 9:53 AM

4 replies

Dec 23, 2013 4:18 PM in response to a brody

Thanks for the suggestion. I am away for Xmas and will check when I get back. Although I would be astounded if it was not guid partitioned. Anythinkg is possible if you are not paying attention. But I'm pretty sure the iMac in question is still running the factory config. Will let you know in about 8 days when I get back.

Thanks,

Dec 23, 2013 4:35 PM in response to a brody

PS Your avatar just caught my eye because is neither MST- or GMT-centered. It's like greenland time.... nice. Or Natal... even nicer. Once I went on holiday to Natal on a package tour from London and although I was the whitest person in the group I was the only one without sunburn at the end of the first day, and that includes my wife who is dark for a Poutuguese. I guess I was the only one who understood the height of the sun at 5 degrees north of the equator. You cast no shadow and it will strip the hide off you in half an hour if your from up north, like Florida!

Snow leapard install problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.