Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Base Station 7.7.2 802.11ac Wifi Problems on 5GHz

I ran into this issue on the stock firmware shipped with Base Station Airport Extreme (with 2TB backup) which was 7.7.1. I never seem to have issues with Laptops or older devices that I understand run on the 2.4GHz, but newer devices such as my iPhone5 continuously "fall off" or "drop off" the wifi. The iPhone5 always says it's wifi connected to my SSID but there is no connection to the WAN, so web pages, email, twitter, etc does not update until I turn the WIFI off. Usually turning the WIFI off and then back on corrects the issue. It's frustrating to have my 4G LTE signal on my cell phone put my Airport Extreme to shame like this. I have tried different channels on the router with no luck. I am not sure what the best course of action here. It was my understanding that 7.7.2 was supposed to fix this???

Airport Extreme with Time Cap 2TB-OTHER

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 10:39 AM

There are no replies.

Airport Base Station 7.7.2 802.11ac Wifi Problems on 5GHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.