Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone find my stolen iPod Touch for me?

I bought my last iPod Touch at the Bakersfield, California Valley Plaza Mall Target store, but a thief stole it from me at the Bakersfield, California Truxtun-and-S Kern County Beale Memorial Public Library when I, while walking around the second floor for some exercise, had kept it on one of the patron second-floor desks still attached to my Motion Computing Tablet PC during downloading an OS update. The last post I had added to that same iPod Touch was a video of the use of a Spencer ******** sleeve with some lubrication they don't sell in their store. Yet, that video got stuck in transit in a holding cell while a new iOS update began. If that thief ever turns on my iPod Touch, my PC will notify me of that pod's whereabouts immediately. Why did that iOS update occur right at that moment when that same ******** video was to be either accepted or rejected as too obscene? My face is not in the video, which, in spite of its sexual content, might actually be educational and perhaps also business savvy. I made and posted the video because I wanted to convey my need for a real person to make love to, certainly not an object at all. The ******** sleeve makes my ***** look ridiculously like Alice in Wonderland dressed in her rings as depicted in some of the original illustrations in that fictional title's original book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. Why did those spies get really calm and quiet all of a sudden?! Can someone please find my stolen iPod Touch for me? If that thief turns that pod on, I might get that Target refund card, which I might use to buy another iPod Touch because I love its Photoshop Express' photo-editing and graphic-design features. If I ever get another iPod Touch, however, I won't take it to the library or the bus stop, where I won't stand around using the Internet. Instead, I'll just use it as a second camera and photo-editing tool.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.0.1, 8 GB

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 10:53 AM

No one can find it for you. If you did not set up Find My Phone, then it cannot be found.

What To Do If Your iDevice or Computer Is Lost Or Stolen

iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

If you activated Find My Phone before it was lost or stolen, you can track it only if Wi-Fi is enabled on the device. What you cannot do is track your device using a serial number or other identifying number. You cannot expect Apple or anyone else to find your device for you. You cannot recover your loss unless you insure your device for such loss. It is not covered by your warranty.

If your iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad is lost or stolen what do you do? There are things you should have done in advance - before you lost it or it was stolen - and some things to do after the fact. Here are some suggestions:

This link, Re: Help! I misplaced / lost my iPhone 5 today morning in delta Chelsea hotel downtown an I am not able to track it. Please help!, has some good advice regarding your options when your iDevice is lost or stolen.

1. Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

2. Find my lost iPod Touch

3. AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon can block stolen phones/tablets

4. What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen

5. What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen

6. 6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone

7. Find My iPhone

8. Report Stolen iPad | Stolen Lost Found Online

It pays to be proactive by following the advice on using Find My Phone before you lose your device:

1. Find My iPhone

2. Setup your iDevice oniCloud

3. OS X Lion/Mountain Lion- About Find My Mac

4. How To Set Up Free Find Your iPhone (Even on UnsupportedDevices)

Mac Computer

Find My Mac can be used from Find My Phone at iCloud.com and via Find

My Phone on your iDevice.

The following is third-party anti-theft software:

1. STEM 2.1

2. MacPhoneHome 3.5

3. MacTrack 7.5.0

4. VUWER 1.7

5. Sneaky Bastar* 0.2.0

6. Undercover 5.1.1

7. LoJack for Laptops

8. Hidden 2.0

9. Prey 0.6.2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 10:53 AM in response to DinosaurveggieEntertainment

No one can find it for you. If you did not set up Find My Phone, then it cannot be found.

What To Do If Your iDevice or Computer Is Lost Or Stolen

iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

If you activated Find My Phone before it was lost or stolen, you can track it only if Wi-Fi is enabled on the device. What you cannot do is track your device using a serial number or other identifying number. You cannot expect Apple or anyone else to find your device for you. You cannot recover your loss unless you insure your device for such loss. It is not covered by your warranty.

If your iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, or iPad is lost or stolen what do you do? There are things you should have done in advance - before you lost it or it was stolen - and some things to do after the fact. Here are some suggestions:

This link, Re: Help! I misplaced / lost my iPhone 5 today morning in delta Chelsea hotel downtown an I am not able to track it. Please help!, has some good advice regarding your options when your iDevice is lost or stolen.

1. Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

2. Find my lost iPod Touch

3. AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon can block stolen phones/tablets

4. What-To-Do-When-Iphone-Is-Stolen

5. What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen

6. 6 Ways to Track and Recover Your Lost/Stolen iPhone

7. Find My iPhone

8. Report Stolen iPad | Stolen Lost Found Online

It pays to be proactive by following the advice on using Find My Phone before you lose your device:

1. Find My iPhone

2. Setup your iDevice oniCloud

3. OS X Lion/Mountain Lion- About Find My Mac

4. How To Set Up Free Find Your iPhone (Even on UnsupportedDevices)

Mac Computer

Find My Mac can be used from Find My Phone at iCloud.com and via Find

My Phone on your iDevice.

The following is third-party anti-theft software:

1. STEM 2.1

2. MacPhoneHome 3.5

3. MacTrack 7.5.0

4. VUWER 1.7

5. Sneaky Bastar* 0.2.0

6. Undercover 5.1.1

7. LoJack for Laptops

8. Hidden 2.0

9. Prey 0.6.2

Dec 21, 2013 10:54 AM in response to DinosaurveggieEntertainment

I really do not understand what you are saying.

For a lost/stolen iPod

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Dec 21, 2013 12:17 PM in response to lllaass

At the time of the theft, I had an Allstate Renters Insurance policy, which did not really help me recover stolen items, apparently, for Allstate would have to place a court order upon Apple about the matter and, apparently, it hasn't. As soon as Find My iPhone has been turned on, does the iPod Touch lose all of its data whenever it gets turned on, but then you're saying that, after that, someone can restore it, which is why Apple could get a court order about it? What kind of damage would cause such a court order?

Dec 21, 2013 1:00 PM in response to roaminggnome

A replier told me about a "court order" in reference to an iPod that might have been restored but also about the fact that iOS 7 prevents the iPod from being restored. Those spies might be hoping that they might successfully coerce me into changing my Apple ID into something besides my own email address, which iOS probably would notice being entering into my own stolen iPod in any of those spies' possible attempts to restore it. Is a restored stolen iPod called a "jailbreak" at auction websites?

Can someone find my stolen iPod Touch for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.